Something a little different today from Seaspoon Seaweed. Eating seaweed is really catching on, Seaweed is an incredible food – it’s sustainable, ethical, abundant and has really spectacular nutritional properties.
Here at Seaspoon Seaweed, we have a Crown licence to hand harvest seaweed from south Devon. Seaspoon launched in July, quickly winning a BBC Good Food Show Bursary Award and getting set up to be stocked with major online retailers including Amazon.
Now for that recipe:
The natural saltiness of the seaweed adds an extra zing to the caramel on these pancakes. You could always add a sprinkling of seaweed to the batter for an extra boost.
For the pancakes
- 100 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil or vegetable, plus extra for frying
- pinch salt
For the topping
- Caramel condensed milk
- Banana, sliced
- Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
- Put the flour in a bowl and crack in the eggs.
- Add the oil to the flour. Slowly add in the milk, a bit at a time, whisking it in until you’ve a lovely smooth batter
- Heat a pan with a little oil and add a ladle-full of batter to the pan, tilting the pan to get the batter covering the pan in a nice full circle. After a minute or so, when you can see the pancake is starting to come away at the sides, flip the pancake! Cook until golden.
- Serve with a generous spreading of caramel sauce, sliced bananas, cream and a sprinkling of Seaspoon Seaweed Boost
To find out more about Seaspoon simply click on the link.
Enjoy this delicious recipe and don’t forget to leave us your comments….